This article will tell you how to connect AirPods to MacBook. There are 2 cases in this article. In the first case, your AirPods are not connected with your other iOS devices. In the second case, your AirPods are connected to your iPhone and you want to connect it to your Macbook.
1. How To Connect Airpods To Macbook When The AirPod Is Not Connect To iPhone.
1.1 Turn On AirPods.
- This case is very simple, your AirPods are not connected to any iOS device.
- So you can connect it with the Macbook using BlueTooth directly.
- First, turn on your AirPods, you can open the AirPods charging case and long press the button on the case backend until the status light flashes.
1.2 Turn On Macbook Bluetooth.
- Then you can open the BlueTooth on the Macbook follow the below steps.
- Power on your Macbook, and click the Apple logo in the top left corner of the screen.
- Then click the System Preferences… menu item from the drop-down list.
- In the popup System Preferences dialog window, click the Bluetooth icon to open the Bluetooth window.
- If the Bluetooth status is off, you should turn it on by clicking the button Turn Bluetooth On.
- Then your Macbook can be discovered by the devices that support Bluetooth.
1.3 Connect Airpods To Macbook.
- Now your AirPod is turned on, and you also turn on Bluetooth on your Macbook.
- You can find your AirPod in your Macbook Bluetooth widow ( Apple logo —> System Preferences…—> Bluetooth) Devices list.
- Click the Connect button at the end of the AirPod, then it will pair your AirPod to your Macbook.
- When the connecting process is completed successfully, you can see the AirPod at the top of the list which means you can use it with your Macbook.
- If the connecting process is not successful, you should check whether your macOS version matches your AirPod version.
- The first-generation AirPods need macOS Sierra or later, and the second-generation AirPods need macOS 10.14.4 or later.
- If your AirPods version matches the macOS version, then you can try to remove the connection by clicking the X button at the end of the device and then connect AirPods to MacBook again.
- If the above methods do not take effect, you can long-press the AirPods charging case button to reset your AirPods and then connect AirPods to the Macbook again.
2. How To Connect Airpods To Macbook When The AirPod Is Connected To iPhone.
2.1 MacBook Pre-Settings.
- First, you had better do some pre-configuration on your macOS system preferences.
- Click the Apple Logo —> System Preferences… menu item to open the System Preferences window.
- Click the General icon to go to the General window, and check the checkbox Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.
- Click the Apple ID icon to go to the Apple ID window to see your apple id information, and make sure your iPhone uses the same apple id to log in.
- Click the Sound icon to go to the Sound window, and check the checkbox Show volume in menu bar.
2.2 Connect AirPods To Macbook.
- Open your AirPods charging case, you will find the AirPods which has connected to your iPhone will connect to your Macbook automatically.
- This is because you use the same apple id on both iPhone and Macbook.
- But if you want to use the AirPods on your Macbook, you need to select it.
- Click the Speaker icon on the macOS screen top right corner.
- Then you can select your AirPods from the Output Device list.